Multicast Configuration on OS2360

Hello,

I need to create a multicast network. I have 2360 and 6865 This is my network :

Stream Server ----> 2360 <---------> 6865 (Core) <----------> 2360 <--------Users

We have 6 vlans to declare on the core, each with an IP address for inter-vlan routing, but multicast must only be active on the Video vlan (vlan 30).

Here's the configuration on the core: ! IPMS: ip multicast admin-state enable ip multicast querying enable ip multicast querier-forwarding enable ip multicast vlan 10 admin-state disable ip multicast vlan 20 admin-state disable ip multicast vlan 30 admin-state enable ip multicast vlan 40 admin-state disable ip multicast vlan 50 admin-state disable ip multicast vlan 55 admin-state disable

On the switch where the server is connected: ! IPMS: ip multicast admin-state enable ip multicast querying enable ip multicast querier-forwarding enable ip multicast vlan 10 admin-state disable ip multicast vlan 20 admin-state disable ip multicast vlan 30 admin-state enable ip multicast vlan 40 admin-state disable ip multicast vlan 50 admin-state disable ip multicast vlan 55 admin-state disable

On the switch where users are connected: ! IPMS: ip multicast admin-state enable ip multicast querier-forwarding enable ip multicast vlan 10 admin-state disable ip multicast vlan 20 admin-state disable ip multicast vlan 30 admin-state enable ip multicast vlan 40 admin-state disable ip multicast vlan 50 admin-state disable ip multicast vlan 55 admin-state disable

Despite this configuration, if I test with Iperf, the packets sent by the client are not received by the server.

I must have a problem somewhere...

Can you help me?

Thanks you

Hello

I think ip multicast querying enable is only on the core needed and ip multicast querier-forwarding enable is only on the switch needed that is connected to the Stream Server. As you already have, on all three switches there must be the config ip multicast status enable to enable IPMS.

That would result in following config: Core: ! IPMS: ip multicast vlan 30 admin-state enable ip multicast querying enable

Server:
! IPMS:
ip multicast vlan 30 admin-state enable
ip multicast querier-forwarding enable

Client:
! IPMS:
ip multicast vlan 30 admin-state enable

Regards

As I understand it, you only have to activate the querier-forwarding feature if the streaming device (Stream Server) is not directly connected to the querier switch (Core Switch). The reason why to do it like that I don't understand.