MULTIPLE VLANs for one SSID

Hello,

We are encountering an issue with VLAN configuration on our OV2500. Here is a summary of the problem:

We are trying to configure an SSID with multiple VLANs, one for each floor. To test this configuration, we used two access points (APs) and two Cisco switches. We configured a test SSID with two VLANs, 102 and 103, as follows (102,103).

On the first Cisco switch, we configured an untagged vlan for management and VLAN 102 as tagged for the test SSID. On the second switch, we configured the same untagged vlan for management and VLAN 103 as tagged for the test SSID.

The results of our tests showed that we can connect to the test SSID with VLAN 102 on the first AP connected to the first switch, but we cannot connect to the test SSID on the second AP. When we reversed the VLANs in the SSID settings (103,102), we were able to connect to the test SSID with VLAN 103 on the second AP.

In conclusion, it appears that only the first VLAN specified in the SSID settings is being considered.

For this to work you would need to split APs into different AP groups. One AP group per floor. On one AP group, the Access Role Profile is mapped to VLAN 102 and on the other AP group it is mapped to VLAN 103. You will have routing between both VLANs and if a user were to roam from one floor to another, this would have to be an L3 roam.

1 Like

thank you very much Pmart, that’s exactly what I’m looking for :slight_smile: .
After the test I noticed that every time I modify the group or the Vlans of the SSID, the mapping configuration is destroyed and I have to redo the mapping, is this normal?