Stellar OVE Integration with External RADIUS Server

Stellar OVE Integration with External RADIUS Server

Hi All, we have installed our Stellar in a Free Public Wifi. part of the customer direction is to deploy a Centralized Captive Portal and Authentication Server (AAA) with interoperability with multiple WiFi vendors.

The customer now is requiring to integrated our Wifi to External CP and AAA server and it was deployed across WAN. My concern is, when RADIUS Server (AAA) communicate to ALE stellar, it required to talk directly to AP IP Address since we are a Distributed Architecture, unlike our competitors they use a controller which means only the IP of the controller need to talk to External CP and AAA, just imagine having over 2000 Access Point must need to have NAT config each AP.

Is it possible to set up our UPAM as a RADIUS proxy and communicate directly to external CP/AAA instead of each AP's? Or any alternative/ workaround solution.??

Hi, I tested the below setup and working fine.

Stellar AP in Express Mode ------Radiusprotocol--->UPAM (As Radius Proxy)-------> CLEARPASS (Portal server & & Authentication source).

Hi, I tested the below setup and working fine.

Stellar AP in Express Mode --------->UPAM (As Radius Proxy)-------> CLEARPASS (Captive Portal server & & Authentication source).

Tested with Stellar OVE with External CP and working fine. You need to use Expert mode to configure SSID, Access role profile, auth Strategy, and access policy as attached.

Attachments:

1626879726133_External-Captive-portal-with-Radius-Proxy.pdf